After 4 months and close to 50 short film entries from around the globe, the showdown of the 6 predominantly international entries that got voted into the finals by their peers and online followers went down at a packed house of over 200 people at the Byron Community Theatre during the festival on Saturday, Oct. 25.
The finals got judged by some of the industry’s greats, Jack McCoy, Nathan Oldfield and special guest Dave Homcy alongside prof Surfer/GoPro ambassador Harley Ingleby.
The results saw a uniform outcome for the top three. Surprisingly all film makers from Japan and India to Chile, Australia and Hawaii where in the audience or represented.
…and the winners are:
- A NEW GENERATION – http://
surfshorts. byronbaysurffestival.com/ shorts/a-new-generation
- Saturday 6:27am – http://surfshorts.
- A Rising Tide : The India Surf Story – http://surfshorts.
byronbaysurffestival.com/ shorts/a-rising-tide-the- india-surf-story
- Still Swell at 85 – http://surfshorts.
- We are all Wave Savers – http://surfshorts.
- Hawaiian Sea Critters – http://surfshorts.
byronbaysurffestival.com/ shorts/aaron-swanson-the-sea- critters
Congratulations to all the winners! We hope to see you all in Byron Bay next year.
*Slider photo by Robbie Dark