In early September we spent 14 days camping up and down the shores of Kamchatka. Here are a few of the in-between moments from an investigative expedition to coastlines never-before seen by surfers.
1. The rabbit’s foot is an unordinary shape that enables extraordinary speed.
2. Preparing a traditional Russian stew in an outdoor kitchen.
3. Trevor Gordon scouts waves from inside a former-Soviet military vehicle.
4. A metal bumper serves as a wetsuit drying rack.
5. Investigating possible wave locations with the help of a local atlas and local knowledge.
6. A long walk across Russian sand reveals a should-high wedge at the far corner of this remote bay.
7. Summer leaves.
8. Keith Malloy enjoys an early morning cup of joe.