This is our final installment from Emily Murray’s new book “Van Made Recipes”. The beautiful thing about the book is that it shows you a handful of different ways to use the same ingredients so you don’t give fresh food time to go bad (and let’s be real, you don’t have tons of space to store stuff here).
This one is tasty with a little twist. Don’t forget to check out the “Lazy Version” for an even easier variation.
1 cup couscous
3 cloves garlic
1 small can drained, chopped olives
1 head lettuce (Bottom Bibb works best)
2 ounces sprouts
1. Combine 1 cup water and 2 tbsp olive oil and bring to a boil
2. Turn off heat and stir in couscous, garlic, and olives, adding more olive oil as necessary
3. Set aside to cool
4. Cut avocado, cucumber and tomato into slices
5. Lay lettuce leaf on a plate and place on scoop couscous on top with sliced veggies
6. Wrap all ingredients inside leaf
Skip the couscous and eat a lettuce, avocado and tomato salad. Feel free to add salt, olive oil and vinegar as dressing.
See more of Emily’s recipes: