Sam Larson spends a lot of time in his van. So he decided to create a comfortable way to relax while on the road by adding a removable hammock inside his ride. In this episode of D-I-Y Not?, you too can learn how to retrofit your vehicle with a cozy place to chill.
Do you have any customizations or DIY projects that you have done lately? Share them with us in the comments or email email@example.com!
- Climbing carabiners
- Self-tapping, heavy duty sheet metal screws and fasteners
- Safety glasses
- Impact driver
- #2 phillips head bit
- Drill + 1/8 drill bit
- Put hammock at an angle to give yourself clearance
- Drill hole for anchor (make sure it is through reinforced metal)
- Drill in screws
- Attach carabiner and hammock on one end.
- Plan to have as high as you can and mark second anchor.
- Drill hole and then drill in screw
- Attached second carabiner