We know chocolate and candy canes are not so healthy, but they taste oh so good. And as a Christmas gift, peppermint bark can score you points with just about anyone!
1/2 lb dark chocolate
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
10 oz white chocolate
6-8 candy canes
1-1/2 c chocolate cookies
1. Chop chocolate
2. Crush cookies
3. Crush candy canes
4. Melt chocolate in double boiler (a bowl inside of a pan with boiling water in it) OR in the microwave (30 sec increments, stir in between)
5. Remove chocolate from heat and add peppermint extract, stir in crushed cookies
6. Spread on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and refrigerate
7. Melt white chocolate
8. Spread over cooled dark chocolate mixture Sprinkle crushed candy cane on top
9. Chill in refrigerator again
10. Break up into pieces
– Do not get chocolate wet while melting. it will solidify.
– Do not overcook chocolate. warm it up until it’s barely melted and remove from heat.